PMP Certification Course
PMI Slovenia, in cooperation with the partner company, offers a course “Preparation Course for PMP® – Credential Examination”.
The course is primarily intended for project managers who meet PMI’s application requirements and would like to obtain PMP (or CAPM) certification. A more detailed description of the conditions to be met by the candidate is described in the PMP® Handbook at www.pmi.org.
Requirements to approach to the PMP exam are 4500 hours of project management hours (or 7500 hours; depends from education level) and 35 hours of project management training. Required 35 hours of project management training can be covered by the preparation course for the exam. At the introductory hours of the course, participants gain detailed information about the whole procedure of registering and taking the exam.
The PMP certificate must be renewed every 3 years by collecting PDU points, which establishes a system of continuous training of certified project managers and consequently high reputation of the certificate itself.
Those who doesn’t have enough experience to approach the PMP certificate may choose to obtain the CAPM Certified Associate and Project Management (more at https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/certified-associate-capm).
Apply for the exam
The candidate must apply for the exam by himself.
Candidate must fill a registration form to demonstrate past experience and knowledge prior to the PMP exam. PMI can also check these experiences. Once the application is complete, candidate can apply for the exam. In Slovenia, there is only one examination center in Ljubljana. Possible terms for taking the exam can be found at www.prometric.com (exam can be taken twice a week). You can also read more about this on our website: https://www.pmi-slo.org/pmi-certificiranje/pridobitev-pmp-certifikata/.
Detailed application process, exam price and all other details are described also at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/project-management-professional-handbook.pdf.
Candidates are informed about the entire application and examination procedure at the introductory lesson of the preparation course.
Indicative price and certification rates
- The cost of the course is € 990 excluding VAT. Cost for the course must be paid to a company that will organize the course in Slovenia.
- The PMP exam fee is $ 405/€ 340 for PMI members and $ 555/€ 465 for PMI non-members. The PMP exam fee cost must be paid directly to PMI Global.
- The annual PMI Global membership fee is $ 129 for the first membership fee, in case of renewal cons is $ 119.
- The annual membership fee for PMI Slovenia is $ 11.
- Membership in PMI Slovenia is possible only with prior or simultaneous enrollment in PMI (global).
- Free codes for the first entry in PMI Slovenia are available. The code is valid from the moment when code is used (entered) until PMI Global membership expiration. We suggest that you enter free code when you enroll or renew PMI Global membership.
- All invoices can be issued to the company.
The exam fee can be paid through the PMI official website. It can be paid with a company card. The invoice is received in an e-form after payment. If you need more, contact PMI support service, they can prepare and send also an invoice in paper form. The contents that will be written in the invoice can be filled by the candidate himself during the registration and payment process (Billing Address).
The main learning tool for preparing for the exam is PMBOK. PMI Slovenia does not have any PMBOK books on stock. You can order PMBOK on the official PMI page: https://www.pmi.org/pmbok-guide-standards/foundational/pmbok.
If you are a member of PMI, the latest version of PMBOK is always available for free in electronic form (pdf). The cost of the paper version is reduced by 50% for members. In the package you get both the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition and the Agile Practice Guide. You can also order the Agile Practice Guide independently.